9 AM – Official mass start. Both the 77 and 50 mile rides will start at the same time with a neutral start to the first Gravel road (about 1.5 miles).
- Rest stop opens at 10:00 AM and will remain open until 4:00 PM (Rest stop 1 and 2 are both at Pierce’s General Store)
- Riders not through rest stop 1 by 12:30 PM will be redirected to the 50 mile course.
- Riders not through Rest Stop 2 by 3:30 PM will be redirected on an alternate route back to the finish.
- Course officially closes at 6 PM.
Special 8 AM start for those that want to ride the full 77 but are concerned about making the cut offs. We’ll have the same neutral start to the first Gravel section. Please only join this special start if are truly a slower rider. Strong riders looking to go fast and starting before 9 will arrive at the rest-stops before they open and likely finish before the party is ready.
Ride start will be the parking lot area in front of the Jackson Gore Spring House.
NEW for 2019 – KING OF THE MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE
The 2019 “King of the Mountain (KOM) Challenge” is a timed event within the ride that contains two timed climbs on course. The first comes
All riders will have a disposable timing chip affixed to the handlebar number plate. The start and finish lines of the KOM challenge will be clearly marked and use a wireless timing system.
- Miles 20 – 22: The Epic CCC climb
- Miles 49 – 54: The Long Grind – Just after the covered bridge back to Pierce’s General Store for rest stop #2.
Results of the KOM Challenge will be posted at the finish venue. Awards will be handed out for the fastest KOM according to gender and by three age groups (34 and Under, 35 to 54, and 55 and Over)
All riders MUST apply have a bib number attached to their Jersey and number plate on their handlebar. We do this for two reasons. First, for safety, so we know when and if every rider crosses the start, the timing lines along the course and at the finish. Secondly, for the KOM Challenge. The number plates are used for wireless timing of each of the timed sections.